Monday, July 16, 2012

Your Roots Are Showing (Part One)


A few years ago, I went through this strange phase of being embarrassed of my red hair.
Strange, I know.
But for a period of around 10 or so months I would dye my glorious ginger locks a dull and deathly boring black. Now, this isn’t that weird a phenomenon for teenagers just out of school desperate to express themselves, but it becomes peculiar when you remember that I have a paler skin than the entire cast of Twilight. And unfortunately I don’t sparkle, so without my red hair I’d disappear into a hazy background in the majority of photos. So for all intents and purposes, 2006 was a quiet year on my Facebook timeline! That being said, things got a whole lot crazier when my natural colour started to push its way back to the fore after a few weeks after the dye process! I moved very swiftly from having a goth-type look to having an absurd tiger effect going down.  Looking back, it was all very embarrassing.


It’s with this unusual trip down memory lane that we kick off our two week series “Your Roots Are Showing” at Life Changers in the evening meetings. For too long the church, the “ecclesia”, the called out ones, have been duped by the second preacher who introduces his lying self in Genesis 3 and who continually distorts the word of God to us and sends us on a lifetime of retreat, religion and cover ups. Over this fortnight we aim to remind ourselves of our roots and to begin a journey of removing the metaphorical dyes that we have allowed to discolour our lives.


Stick around on this blog as we expand on this and check out the sermons of this series on our Life Changers website if you want to join us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment