Monday, April 16, 2012

Tozer's Prayer

"Save me from the error of judging a church by it's size, it's popularity or the amount of it's yearly offering. Help me to remember that I am a prophet-
not a promoter,
not a religious manager,
but a prophet!
Let me never become a slave to crowds. Heal my soul of carnal ambitions and deliver me from the itch for publicity.

Save me from bondage to things. Let me not waste my days puttering around the house. Lay your terror upon me, O God, and DRIVE ME TO THE PLACE OF PRAYER WHERE I WRESTLE WITH PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS AND RULERS OF THE DARKNESS OF THIS WORLD.
Deliver me from over-eating and late sleeping. Teach me self-discipline so that I may be a good soldier of Christ Jesus...

And now, O Lord of Heaven and earth. I consecrate my remaining days to you; let them be many or few, as you will. Let me stand before the great or minister to the poor and lowly; that choice is not mine, and i wouldn't influence it if i could. I am your servant
TO
DO
YOUR
WILL.
and that will is sweeter to me than position or riches or fame and I choose it above all things on earth or in heaven."

A Prayer of AW Tozer...

...and now a prayer of mine

1 comment: