Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sink or Swim

University was an incredible experience for me. Doing only subjects and courses that I wanted to do, "intellectual" conversations with intellectual looking people, skipping lectures to enjoy the new found freedom post school days, the best rhoti's and bunny chows in the varsity gardens, as well as learning the "if you get 51% you're working too hard rule".
But besides all the many happy memories, the thing I loved the most about my 3 year varsity stint was really seeing my faith in Christ fleshed out more and more. Out of all sheltered christian environments, it really was sink or swim time as I came face to face with a tertiary experience that so often separates the proverbial men from the boys in this regards. But swim I did, as a few friends and I decided that we were not merely positioned at university to get a degree that would someday be hung on our various office walls but our presence there for 3 years (others quite a bit longer) was to love on people and to make His name famous.

Over the next few blogs, I'm going to retell some of the best stories of how God pitched up and demonstrated His power and goodness over and over again throughout those years. We were a bunch of wild young people who maybe were foolish enough to believe God when He said that nothing was impossible for Him.

As I take the luxury of walking down memory lane for a few blogs, my prayer is that my heart and yours would both be stirred to trust God more and more for the miraculous where-ever He has positioned us to be.

Acts.17:26-27
"26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us"

No comments:

Post a Comment