Monday, March 19, 2012

"One Man" Part One




Ezekiel.22:30
"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but
I
found
none."
Psalm.106:23
"So he said he would destroy them--had not Moses, his chosen one, stood in the breach before him to keep his wrath from destroying them."
1. "His chosen one"
We have been chosen and appointed as God's agents of change for such a time as this. In the broad spectrum of eternity, God in his wisdom apportioned this moment in history to be my time to stand in the gap. The Wesley brothers, Charles Finney, Billy Graham had their allotment. But God hand-picked me specifically to be born and live in THIS exact time period of all creation. I have been chosen, crafted and equipped to stand in the breach and this is MY time. I am armed and dangerous.
2. "Stood in the breach"
He's made His choice, now I must make mine. When He looks for a man, will He find me willing to risk reputation, to risk earthly treasure, to risk fame, to risk what is entitled to me in order to gain the prize?
3. "before Him"
Moses could stand up to Pharoah because he had fallen flat before the Burning Bush. Our authority (or lack there of) comes not from which Kings or Presidents we have (or don't have) access to. It is found solely in who we have bowed our knees to.
The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him. I will try my utmost to be that man. -D.L. Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment