Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's Friday but Sunday is coming Part 1

Saturday night about to switch off the light and cram in 8 hours of shut eye before the early morning wake up for church! Been sick all day with flu and quite a high temperature (the first time I've been under the weather in my year and a bit here in Cape Town though!). Maybe the temperature was a warning not to get out of bed to watch the Sharks and Stormers game but alas, I didn't heed my body's "escape clause" and hence my body has embraced what feels like even more weakness...more than the usual amount of course! But I digress.
With us just coming out of the Easter weekend, and with the evening meeting series "Anno Domini" coming to a close tomorrow night, I have been struck with the thought of Jesus' death and subsequent resurrection were not just events that happened, but are cataclysmic moments that need to be embraced to the full if we are going to live in a glory to glory capacity of resurrection power.
Scripture is clear, "the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in me", and "greater works shall you do". With encouragement from scripture of these truths, the question then is raised, why are there not many living in the FULLNESS of Spirit-filled, Christ-following existences?

And here's my thought:
Maybe we don't live in resurrection power...because we are not dead.

"If a grain of wheat does not fall and die,
it abides alone!"


Our embracing of Friday and it's denial of self, counting all things as loss style attitude will give us a fuller grasp of Sunday in order for the Mondays and Tuesdays to be walked out in power.

No comments:

Post a Comment